Labels

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Moab

(Destination H)

My bucket list!  This is the one place along our route that I have wanted to see ever since I knew it existed.  It’s pretty much the only thing on my bucket list, so I should probably think up some more items.  Of course I never imagined I would be seeing Moab in mid-July when daily temperatures were over 100 degrees.  But we muscled through and made the best of it!  It was pretty spectacular. 
Our campground, which was the most expensive to date, beating out the crummy one in Golden, Colorado by a few dollars, was really nice.  I picked an end spot so the kids had a little extra room to run, not in someone else’s yard.  We didn’t check out the pool, but we had more important things to do.  The town of Moab we found to be sufficient for groceries, expensive gas and tons of touristy restaurants and stores. 


As you’ll see in our photos we saw most of Arches and some of Canyonlands.  The Windows were the highlight for me, the kayaking trip up the Colorado river was probably the highlight for Jon, and playing in the gravel at our campsite was probably the highlight for the boys.  Baby A stays pretty indifferent to most everything except mealtimes and nap times, the highlight of her days.





















No comments:

Post a Comment