1) CHRONICLE THE JOURNEY - As previously mentioned, a written record of what will sure to be a unique time period in our lives will be a cool thing to have down the road (if you will). Pictures are one thing, videos another, but only the written word can capture the emotions and perspective in the moment.
2) PERSONAL DIARY - It seems a little on the strange side for me to write in a diary at all, let alone a public one. Surely I'll have to taper back some of the more intimate subject matters. But even so, I hope this "public diary" will provide some time for reflection on my life as it is happening, allowing me to ensure I am focusing each week on pursuing my dreams in the present, instead of wondering where the time went as I look back in regret. Many of us have dreams for the future, but if we don't continually assess where we are in the present, it will sure be tough to get to where we want to go. It would be like driving around in a car, knowing exactly where you are trying to go, but having no clue where you are at that moment - you're lost, kid!
3) SHARE THE EXPERIENCE - This is primarily intended for the extended family that seems to enjoy following along in our lives, even the most mundane of days. If anyone outside of the family has some strange desire to read about us, we welcome that too!
4) I'M UNIQUE! - I don't mean I'm overly special or anything, but each of us is uniquely created and wonderfully made in God's image. So even if my blog content isn't anything new, my presentation, perspective, and even tone or style of writing may resonate more with certain individuals than another blog would. So long as I come up with my own posts, I need not care if the topic has already been covered hundreds of times before by other bloggers. What I say is my own, and that's enough for me.
5) FINANCIAL INCENTIVE - Not so much. I have no intention of this becoming something that even brings in a few cents here and there. I just want to be proud about what I write, and if I can impact a few people, that'd be pretty cool too.
This was a long and boring post, I know. But you've been warned. You're basically reading my diary, which really isn't relevant to anyone but me. If you have ever considered blogging, perhaps these few reasons could push you in that direction. Thanks for reading.